Saturday, January 21, 2012

12 Weeks

We made it to 12 weeks, the "safe zone!" The risk of miscarriage is now only at 2%. We are incredibly happy and so blessed to have made it this far! In the back of my mind I've been telling myself, make it to 12 weeks and you can stop worrying . I do have this sense of relief now and we get to see our baby in 3 days to see how perfect he/she is :)

How far along? 12 weeks

Weight Gain/Loss: I've lost 12 lbs. now, but I should start feeling better soon and can start gaining some weight. 

Maternity Clothes? My bloating is starting to go down and clothes seem to be more comfortable again. I can wear regular jeans or maternity jeans. I'm not hiding my small bump anymore so I'm wearing my pre-pregnancy shirts again.

Symptoms: I still get bouts of morning sickness, especially at night, but I've noticed it's not as frequent or as bad as before. Also, I'm able to stay up until 9 now!! I feel like my sense of smell is desensitizing too.

Best moment this week: Making it to the "safe zone," it's such a great feeling.

Food Cravings? I've had a few small cravings lately. I can never get enough milk and I love Cheetos, which I was never a huge fan of before. 

Gender? We just did the Drano test and it came back boy. We'll find out if that's true in 8 weeks! 

Belly button in or out? In.

Stretch Marks? No

Movement? Nothing yet

What Im looking forward to: I'm looking forward to our Nuchal Translucency scan on Tuesday. We will get to see our baby for about 45 minutes! I can't wait to spend that time with our baby! And to hopefully find out that everything looks great and our baby is developing perfectly. 

Milestones: Our baby is growing finger nails and hair this week. It's skeletal system is continuing to form.

Baby Size: Our baby is the size of a plum.

No comments:

Post a Comment