Friday, December 30, 2011

First doctors appointment with ULTRASOUND!!!

Yesterday we had our first doctors appointment. It went great! Actually, the first appointment (at 8 weeks) is with a nurse practitioner. She was very helpful and answered all of my first time mommy questions I had. She talked to me quite a bit about morning sickness and basically told me everything I have been doing that I thought was working for me, is actually working against me....damn orange juice! I always thought if an expectant mother craved something, it was for a reason. She said "No, your body can work against you sometimes."

They weren't planning on doing an ultrasound unless my uterus felt smaller or larger than expected.....and it didn't. So no twins for us! Just as the doctor was about to leave our room, Jesse pulled a fast one and begged for an ultrasound. She  caved and we got to see our little one! It was magical!! He/she already has a visible head, nose ,lips, brain, arms, legs, etc. It was so amazing to see that little heart fluttering away, at 180 BPM to be exact!

So here is our little love bug (the head is on the left, the black spot is its brain):
And here is a close up of the little bugger:


No comments:

Post a Comment