Monday, December 12, 2011

6 Weeks!

I'm a day late on this post because yesterday was so hectic. We went up to my grandma's cabin for the weekend (where we told my side of the family the news) and then went to Bennihana's with my in laws for my mother-in-laws birthday and my birthday.

Here's what's new with baby:

How far along? 6 weeks

Weight Gain/Loss: I lost 2 lbs. despite the fact that I feel enormous due to bloat.

Maternity Clothes? Well I'm a little embarrassed to say this, but yes, I have worn maternity pants twice because the bloat can get soooo big! I'm hoping it goes down so this isn't a regular occurrence just yet.

Symptoms: Reading back from the last post, I can't believe how much has changed. My only symptom really is....you guessed it, bloat! I should elaborate a little bit on this bloat, my stomach isn't just a little bit bloated like PMS bloat where I can hide it and it goes away after a day or two. No, my stomach is rock hard and it looks like I'm a couple months pregnant. If I eat anything, even a piece of fruit, the bloat doubles in size. I guess I can say I'm extremely lucky if this is the only symptom I have. It is fun to look at my "belly" in the mirror, it gets me excited for the real bump!

Best moment this week: Telling my extended family at our Christmas. They were so genuinely happy for us. I didn't expect that really. Makes me so excited to have the baby and bring it to next years Christmas. 

Food Cravings? I hadn't craved anything until last night. We had Bennihana's for dinner and the meal came with shorbet at the end of it. I ate most of it. Then later at home, we were watching tv and I just needed to have more. This ended in Jesse running to the store to get me a huge jug of it....I love him! and my raspberry shorbet!

Gender? Still thinking it's a boy. The Chinese gender chart says girl, we'll see who is right. 

Belly button in or out? In.

Stretch Marks? None yet and that reminds me, I need to go purchase some cocoa butter.

Movement? No, too early.

What Im looking forward to: Our first doctors appt, which is right after Christmas. 

Milestones: Our baby has formed its major organs this week, the heart, kineys, liver. Its heart is beating now and blood is circulating its little body. He/she also has formed little limbs that will turn into arms and legs.

Baby Size: Our baby is the size of a pea.

No comments:

Post a Comment