Saturday, July 28, 2012

39 Weeks, 1 week to go!!!

We hit 39 weeks today, we have 7 more days until my due date! I can't believe we are at this point, this pregnancy has gone so fast and yet I can't remember how it feels to not be pregnant :)


The anticipation is killing me. I feel like a ticking time bomb. I am a matter of days or hours from holding my little girl and it's thrilling and terrifying to think about! Some of the things I'm most excited about are; seeing what our little girl looks like, holding and kissing her, seeing Jesse hold her, having our family meet her and FINALLY announcing her name! I'm also excited to not have a huge basketball stomach, where I can get out of bed with ease and bend over to pick things up off the ground. I'm also excited to start fitting into my pre-pregnancy clothes (I know it will be awhile for that one). 


Anyways, on for the usual stuff:


How far along? 39 weeks

Weight Gain/Loss: I think I'm up to about 40 lbs at this point. I know I lost weight last week but I wasn't as swollen either so my water weight is fluctuating.

Maternity Clothes? Just wearing whatever if comfortable, style has been thrown out the window for a couple weeks now.

Symptoms: Just the usual stuff, stretching tummy, numb hands...that's about it. I developed a cold last week which wasn't fun and I'm still fighting it but getting lots of rest has helped!

Best moment this week: Getting more and more things set up for the baby. We have her swing set up, her rock n play, her nursery is about 99% complete. It makes her arrival more real and just feels so close to having her in my arms :)
Gender? Girl

Belly button in or out? Still depends on how she is positioned. It barely pops out and other times it's all the way in. 

Stretch Marks? I think I've developed 1 stretch mark on my right love handle. It's a little red mark about 1/2 an inch and it's barely noticeable. If it is indeed a stretch mark, the color should fade to my skin color after pregnancy and I don't think it will even be noticeable. I just hope I don't develop new ones. 

Movement? She loves to roll her legs around and also push her hips/butt out. It makes my stomach rock hard and deformed looking, it's pretty neat. 

What Im looking forward to: I'm just really looking forward to knowing when I'll go into labor. I'm hoping I don't need to be induced and that she will come on her own.

Milestones: She is continuing to build up fat under her skin to help keep her warm when she is living outside of the womb. She is shedding the layer of lanugo on her skin. 

Baby Size: She is gaining weight rapidly, she could be anywhere from 6 1/2 or 7 1/2 lbs now. She is still about 20" long or so, about the size of a watermelon.

No comments:

Post a Comment