Saturday, February 4, 2012

14 Weeks

We are finally in the second trimester! There are different sources that say different dates for when a pregnant woman is in her second trimester; either 12 weeks, 13 weeks 3 days, or 14 weeks. Well it's official to say that I'm in the second trimester since I surpassed all of those dates. I am absolutely loving second trimester. Last night I even stayed up until 11 pm! Before that I was going to bed at 7 or 8 pm and sleeping about 11-12 hours a night!

How far along? 14 weeks

Weight Gain/Loss: Now that I'm feeling better I have been able to gain some of the weight back. I am only down 9 lbs now. My doctor did inform me that I need to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, then gain 25-35 lbs. 

Maternity Clothes? The baby has moved up and out of the pelvic area so my bump is sticking out a lot more now. I'm still able to wear regular pants using the hair tie trick but maternity pants are also fitting me. 

Symptoms: No more morning sickness!! The only symptoms I have now are round ligament pain, which is mostly at night and feels like menstrual cramps, and sore breasts.

Best moment this week: Seeing my bump getting bigger! One night after work, I was taking my jacket off in front of Jesse and he saw my stomach and said "Whoa! Look at your stomach!" It was cute :)

Food Cravings? Bring on the cravings! I have been craving Dairy Queen's chicken tenders with honey mustard and diet pepsi. I was trying to go this whole pregnancy without caffeine but having a few here and there isn't going to hurt anything.

Gender? I'm so torn now between boy and girl that I really don't know! 

Belly button in or out? In but it doesn't feel as deep as it used to.

Stretch Marks? No

Movement? No, but by the next time I post, I might have felt the baby moving. 

What Im looking forward to: I'm looking forward to feeling the baby move. I feel like that is one of the biggest blessings us women get to have that our husbands and no one else will get to experience. I hope to never take it for granted. I am also looking forward to more time with Jess now that I can stay up later and I am feeling better. Our nightly routine used to be dinner and a movie but during my morning/night sickness period, the routine became Jesse trying to make me something I wouldn't gag on and me falling asleep on the couch within 5 minutes of us watching something together. I'm sure Jesse is looking forward to having his personal chef back :) 

Milestones: Our baby is busy making facial expressions, he/she can now squint, frown, smile, and grimace. Our baby is working on sucking its thumb and wiggling its toes.

Baby Size: Our baby is the size of a lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment